* Order now and save 2016 pricing,
The "Homesteader" is a single-tub cider or wine press with the same basic frame and press screw assembly as our Big Double-tub model. It has been specifically designed as an all-purpose fruit press which is capable of grinding and efficiently squeezing apples, grapes and other fruits and vegetables.
See the 'Essentials Kit' or the 'Complete Package' for other items that are needed.
The "Apple Eater" grinding attachment is conveniently mounted on the back of the press - allowing the "pulped" fruit to fall directly into the tub for squeezing (however, this attachment can be mounted independent of the press, allowing both press and grinding operations to take place at the same time!)
- FRAME: The frame is constructed of rugged laminated hardwood. All joints are dadoed and cross-bolted for full structural rigidity.
- WOOD FINISH: ALL PRESSES COME UNFINISHED! You will need to protect it with varnish, lacquer, EZ-DO Polyurethane Gel.
- SCREW: The Acme-threaded press screw is 1 1/2" in diameter, 22" long, and passes through a heavy cast iron cross-arm. The four prong top allows for easy turning and a small piece of 2x4 can be used for more pressure. Pressure is applied to a reinforced press-disc which fits inside the tub. Attached to the bottom of the screw is a cast iron foot which distributes the pressure to the press-disc. It is suggested that you apply a small amount of lubricant to the screw as well as inside the pressure foot. See our Petro-Gel Lubricant.
- TUBS: The hardwood tub has beveled staves for easy cleaning, it is 12" high, 13 1/2" in diameter, and is banded with heavy steel hoops. The capacity is equivalent to a box of "pulped" apples. One juice lattice rack is included for better juice flow under the tub.
- GRINDER: The NEW 5 1/2" diameter POLYMER cylinder, which will not crack or breed bacteria, has 8 serrated stainless steel knives. A specially designed cast iron grinding box. Operation is made smooth, fast and easy by the use of a 18 lb. cast iron flywheel attached to the grinding shaft.
You can obtain a Brass Nameplate for FREE when ordering this complete press! Complete the form above. (Suggestion: Name on line 1 and date on line 2) Be advised that 20 characters per line including spaces will give you the best look with our engraving.